Genius Hour 2.6- The Schedule


     Welcome back! We are one week away from the future prep night! This means this week was vital to really get a plan for the night. Laurel and I began typing out the final schedule to hand to teachers so they would have time to prepare their own presentations for their topics. Before finalizing the schedule, Laurel and I traveled around the school to once more visit with teachers to ensure that they could make it and feel comfortable with the topic they were given. Almost all the teachers ensured us that they were okay with their topic. Mr. Hollowel was the only one who said he wasn't comfortable talking about his topic, so Laurel and I told him that he did not have to go and we would handle it. We decided that we would take over the topic and do our presentation. The topic we decided was student involvement. 

    After speaking with the teachers, we finalized the schedule and put the plan of the night at the top of the paper. After printing about fifteen copies, we once again traveled around the school to deliver the schedules to the teachers. While delivering we also explained how they each would have to present about their topic for five minutes and at the end of the presentations we would have a panel discussion for students to ask questions. Each teacher sounded very excited for the night. 

    Personally I am scared that no one will show. If that happens, all our hard work will be thrown down the drain. The results from the google RSVP form was not great as we only had eight people say yes to attending. However, I am still hopeful people will show. As I have stated in previous blogs, our action plan is all messed up due to the fact we originally had planned for two nights not one. However, we are still doing very well, and our right on track. We have everything officially ready, and I hope to see you there!!



Comments

  1. Sounds like you guys have done a great job so far! Sorry I won’t be able to make it, but I wish you the best of luck at prep night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Respect for organizing an event in the midst of a jam-packed spring schedule. I know I have a hard time multitasking so kudos to all three of you! How did the event go? I was not able to attend. Keep up the good work ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! How difficult was this to plan? We’re the teachers ready to help?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment