Genius Hour 2.2- Talking to Teachers


     Hello! This week on the road to a future prep night was very successful! Personally, I feel that we got a major portion of our project accomplished. At the start of the week I was not very confident that we would get a lot done, considering as seniors we are staring to get more work and becoming more busy, so sometimes it is difficult to find time to focus on this project. However, we have began to designate Thursdays during seventh period as our time to come together. 

    During the week we started to converse how this week we planned to talk to teachers about donating their time to talk to students during the event. When Thursday came around, Laurel and I came together during the afternoon advisory to make a little flyer for teachers that gave more information and to make a list of teachers we wanted to ask to participate. The information on the flyer consisted of topics we wanted the teachers to talk about such as the importance in involvement within the school, emphasis on grades, future college plans, careers without college, etc. We wanted to give a broad overview of the night for the teachers so they had time to think about what they wanted to talk about and how the night would go. After creating the main flyer Laurel and I made about fifteen copies so each teacher could have their own. 

    During the actual genius hour, all three of us came together to walk around the school to ask teachers. We asked about thirteen teachers and so far we have about nine that are a for sure yes. I was pleasantly surprised with he positive feedback from the teachers and how many were so intrigued with the idea and were automatically willing to donate their time. I am very pleased with what we accomplished this week.

    So far we have followed our action plan and next week we should begin to make flyers to hang around the school, which was already approved by Mr. Gundlach! It has been an exciting project so far and I am very confident where we stand right now and I have a feeling this future prep night will be a success!  

This is the flyer we handed to teachers to give them a rough overview of the night.

Comments