♡ Welcome to my first ever blog! I decided to take on the challenge of learning how to decorate cakes using fondant. If I am being completely honest, I thought this would be a lot easier than it actually is. Everything so far has gone to plan on my action sheet, as I have done a lot of research on YouTube and got the materials needed. I got a small baking pan, blue fondant, a fondant kit, the cake itself, decorative frosting, and regular frosting. Most of the research I have done was during class, and I have learned that there is a lot of steps to be taken to achieve the fondant look. However, nothing in baking is "perfect" as decorating a cake is just essentially art on food and I am not expecting it to look absolutely stunning my first few tries.
I am very excited and nervous to start baking. My main goal for next week is to just get the cake covered with the fondant and make it look good. I realize that this is going to be a trial and error process. Although, I believe practice makes perfect and as the weeks go on, my decorating skills will gradually improve more and more. As of right now everything is on track, and I am anxious to learn this new skill.
Ilyssa, you had a great start to your genius hour. You followed your action plan and are heading in the right direction. I am excited to see the final results and I wish you luck with your future cakes!
ReplyDeleteHey Ilyssa! I love how you had a plan and you executed it for your first genius hour! Starting with some research was a great idea! I can’t wait to see what you do next. I already know it will look amazing!
ReplyDeleteWhat will the fondant taste like?
ReplyDelete